Wednesday, May 1, 2013


Taste The Difference

Happy 1st of May to you.
What an amazing day I just had.
I took the day off to continue my hunt for some real food and boy did I find it! Not the only one hunting this morning - you can see this hawk scanning the fields (action shot while driving)

I got up early to finish some art work, I started just recently. Left hand art.



Hope you enjoy - it is inspired by the style Paul Chek frequently puts on his blog over at paulcheksblog.com ( Have a look !) I thought no better way to try to understand the skill enjoyed then to give it a go myself.
It has been too long since I have been at a Yoga class so I decided to go to the local one. Many thanks to Hayleigh very informative and well trained instructor - I will be getting into that class more often. Hips and hamstrings have tightened up more then I'd like.
I met a local organic farmer at the weekend market and asked to visit the farm. Its not certified nor is it large scale - nice and local. During recent Podcast interview with Niall Davidson he spoke about the connection between the farmer and their product. I now understand what he meant.
The passion Katherine shows from her food is amazing. I had a great chat with her which she fully convinced me organic is at least three times better then conventional food while tasting the tomatoes. Well she was speaking to the converted organic eater but when the farmer tells you who's to argue? and got a nice bag of organic goods to take home. This gave me the chance to get some use out my camera.
We are coming into winter in Australia but the weather today really did remind me of the summers back in 95 and 97 in Ireland-Fantastic. Photos are un-edited to give the rustic feel. Enjoy!








I highly recommend that everyone eats organic food especially fruits and vegetables. When tasting the difference between organic cucumber to conventional its staggering. There is absolutely no comparison. I had the difficulty getting any organic produce in the local super market which I am sure you do to.
Well it's time to get to the local farmers market and buy organic. The health benefits are one thing, the taste is another, but believe me when I tell you this when you make the effort to go to organic farmer the price is less then the supper markets. So three times the nutrition,( a guess I reckon its more), better tasting and costing less as well as knowing the farmer and having a connection to your food. Its a no brainer! Eat organic but not the supermarket stuff the real fresh stuff!
Well how you ask? To anyone in the Millicent area there is a vegetable and fruit box available for weekly collection. Contact me through the about section for details.
Live today, in the present.
Lorcan


No comments:

Post a Comment